Implementation and Continuous Improvement Lead
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Limited is a growing specialist pharmacy and clinical homecare provider, offering greater convenience to patients, whilst delivering value and efficiencies to the NHS and private sector.
The compounded drugs used in its drug services are provided by its sister company Qualasept Ltd t/a Bath ASU, which also produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic illness or in need of pain relief.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about making a difference to patient lives, whilst being dedicated to improving company processes and possessing the drive to be an expert in what they do.
Do you have the qualities that we are looking for? If so, you could join our friendly and dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Lead internal implementation of all level 2 and level 3 projects across departmental boundaries
- Working collaboratively with the Heads of Departments and department managers to plan and implement new business.
- Work with the Business Intelligence Team and Quality Lead to use available data for decision making based on analysis and evaluation
- Data driven advanced trouble shooting capability deployed when required
- Use coaching and facilitating skills to influence positive change with Pharmaxo
- Ensures own activities are aligned to overall business objectives and knows how current performance impacts the bottom line
- Review current operational process seeking alternative methods and/or models of work to deliver operational capability, efficiency and patient safety.
- Understands basic revenue models and Profit/Loss; meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Accountable for the operational efficiency and quality of the Pharmacy and Patient Service teams
- Work closely with the Superintendent Pharmacist to ensure that all pharmacy practice is within the boundaries described within the latest version of the Medicines, Ethics and Practice issued by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
- Leadership in transforming the way Pharmaxo deals with medicines to optimise their use, engaging at the highest level strategically as well as operationally.
- Responsible, in collaboration with the Pharmacy Manager and Patient Services Manager for ensuring that all legal and professional requirements are adhered to by the Pharmaxo Team.
- To consult and provide support to external customers on the development and implementation of new business including attendance at appropriate meetings.
- To support the Pharmacy team to ensure the current systems and procedures in place and used to plan the day-to-day workload to meet demand are in accordance with GPhC guidelines, GDP, WDA(H) ,financial expediency and the capability and capacity of Pharmaxo.
- Prepare and present appropriate documentation to support communication and management, presenting progress and highlighting issues for escalation at appropriate forums, including the Board of Directors meetings.
- Supporting the development and delivery of appropriate training plans for the business.
- Ensure the economical purchasing, appropriate storage and distribution of pharmaceuticals in accordance with good medicines management practice, Pharmaxo Financial Instructions instigated.
- Identify cost reduction initiatives with Pharmaxo including the delivery of cost improvement targets without affecting the quality of the service provided.
- To ensure that safe and efficient systems of work are followed in accordance with relevant legislation e.g. Medicines Act and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health etc.
- To be Pharmaxo’s Information Asset Owner responsible for operational electronic systems including Dispensing System, Patient Management System and Wholesale Dealing System (WIDL)
- To participate in any relevant Research and Development projects.
- To assist in the development of the strategic plan for all operational activity.
- Enable others to utilise opportunities to improve the way we do things
- Create purpose and direction around operation excellence deliverables
- To undertake any other duties as required by your line manager or Senior Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Degree level or equivalent education
- Evidence of commitment to personal development
- Management Qualification
- Project Management Qualification
- Management of others (2 years’ experience) and experience of working with technically diverse team members
- Experience of working across professional boundaries
- Experience of project management
- Experience of change management
- Experience of service development
- Knowledge of GDP
- Experience of budget setting and budget management
- Knowledge of GPhC and CQC
- Understanding of NHS agenda
- Experience of teamwork and team leadership in a pharmaceutical/scientific context
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- An appreciation of the relationships between commercial companies and the Department of Health, NHS England, Regional and Local Teams.
- Ability to give written and oral instruction
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Highly numerate thinking with good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates sound judgement in the absence of clear guidelines or precedent, seeking advice as necessary from Senior Management when appropriate
- Ability to make decisions autonomously when required, on difficult issues
- Excellent understanding of processes, how to monitor and control them, and the logic of their operation
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to train other members of staff
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Standards of practice
- Relevant publications and presentation experience
- Leadership and diplomacy
- Ability to use initiative and able to work independently
- Clean, neat and tidy appearance
- Ability to work under pressure
- Motivated and reliable
- Good timekeeping
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.