Hours: 25 hours per week (part-time, permanent) working hours are flexible and can be worked Monday to Friday, or fewer days, however working days must include a Tuesday and either a Thursday or Friday
Location: National Museum of the Royal Navy, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Portsmouth with the opportunity to adopt hybrid working (working a combination of onsite and from home)
The National Museum of the Royal Navy (NMRN) is recruiting for a HR Assistant to join our friendly and supportive HR team. The HR vision is to create a great place to work, where people feel happy, can be themselves and want to achieve their best helping us to fulfil the NMRN’s vision to be the world’s most inspiring Naval Museum.
If you love working with people, have strong administration skills, good at planning and organising your work and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, which is both interesting and challenging, then this is the role for you.
This is also an ideal opportunity for individuals who are looking to get into Human Resources to begin their HR career.
This role is integral to the success of the HR team and covers recruitment, pre-employment checks, employment contracts, updating and maintaining records on our HR and e-learning systems, payroll notifications and responding to general HR enquiries. Ensuring all HR data/information is kept confidentially and complies with GDPR.
- Work within a varied role offering vital support to the business working within a unique heritage environment
- Learn more about HR and the important role HR plays within the National Museum.
You must be able to work well as part of a team and under your own initiative, enjoy administration work and be competent across a range of administrative tasks operating Windows-based software, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail. You will have an interest in Human Resources.
Previous administrative work experience is essential, and you should understand the importance of handling sensitive personal information along with strong attention to detail. In addition, the ability to organise and prioritise workload, meet changing demands and comply with tight deadlines is essential.
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly and diverse workplace within a unique heritage environment.
- Group pension plan with Royal London (6% employer contributions, 2% employee contributions and death in service benefit).
- Free onsite parking.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing to 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) after 5 years’ service (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Occupational sick pay.
- Flexible working.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Digital mental wellbeing resource for you and a ‘plus one’.
- Free admission to other national museums and attractions within the reciprocal agreement.
- Discounts at our shops and cafes.
- Free and discounted tickets for family and friends.
For further details, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact a member of the HR team on 023 9289 4555 or recruitment@NMRN.org.uk
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their knowledge and experience match those specified. Applications should be forwarded to the HR Team at recruitment@NMRN.org.uk and are required by 5.00pm on Monday 30 May 2022. The selection process will be held on Thursday 9 June 2022 in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
The Coronavirus pandemic has highlighted our responsibility to ensure appropriate safety measures are in place, and we would like to assure you that these are reviewed on a regular basis as the safety of our staff and visitors is of utmost importance to us.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to the application process because of a disability, please contact the HR team on email@example.com for support.