Salary (grade 9): £57,400 - £62,350 per annum (dependent upon experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (full-time, permanent)
Location: National Museum of the Royal Navy, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Portsmouth with the opportunity to adopt hybrid working (from time to time, travel to our other UK based sites will be required)
The National Museum’s vision is to be the world’s most inspiring Naval Museum: inspiring learning, enjoyment, and engagement with the story of the Royal Navy and its impact in shaping the modern world.
We are recruiting for a new role of Head of Technology and Digital Transformation to join our team to be responsible for the development and implementation of business transformation, information technology and data services throughout the organisation, setting the vision and bringing stakeholders together on this journey.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, you will lead and develop the National Museum’s Digital Strategy and design and implement an associated transformation programme, turning strategy into action and creating ambitious digital transformation plans that seek to maximise the value of technology.
- You will shape and deliver progressive technology infrastructure and application services to enable the National Museum to benefit from the full range of opportunities that digital transformation has to offer.
- Planning and overseeing significant change activity, you will lead and line manage the IT and Digital team, collaborating with colleagues (especially Digital leads), ensuring high performance and strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- You will be empowered to develop your own ideas and make them become a reality, influencing and effecting change across the National Museum through others.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of strategy development, delivery, and reporting, with experience in delivering digital transformation.
You will have:
- The ability to lead, motivate, inspire and influence others with enthusiasm and passion for IT and Digital Transformation.
- A high level of professional knowledge demonstrated by an appropriate professional qualification or equivalent and evidence of continuous professional development.
- Knowledge of the digital environment and technological advances.
- Demonstrable experience of leading, planning and implementing successful digital transformation and IT development and support services.
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly and diverse workplace within a unique heritage environment.
- Group pension plan with Royal London (6% employer contributions, 2% employee contributions and death in service benefit).
- Free onsite parking.
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing to 30 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays) after 5 years’ service.
- Occupational sick pay.
- Flexible working.
- Hybrid working (combination of working onsite and from home).
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Digital mental wellbeing resource for you and a ‘plus one’.
- Free admission to other national museums and attractions within the reciprocal agreement.
- Discounts at our shops and cafes.
- Free and discounted tickets for family and friends.
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their experience and qualifications match those specified. Applications should be forwarded to the HR Team at recruitment@NMRN.org.uk and are required by 6.00pm on Wednesday 3 November 2021. Interviews are expected to be held in November 2021 either in Portsmouth or virtually using video facilities on Microsoft Teams.
The Coronavirus pandemic has highlighted our responsibility to ensure appropriate safety measures are in place, and we would like to assure you that these are reviewed on a regular basis as the safety of our staff and visitors is of utmost importance to us.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to the application process because of a disability, please contact the HR team on email@example.com for support.