Head of Quality
Bath ASU is the largest privately-owned pharmaceutical company in the UK and with our sister companies Pharmaxo, Microgenetics and Corsham Science Ltd we employ over 400 team members; the best part is that number is ever-growing. We are an aseptic specials manufacturer based in Corsham, Wiltshire. Formed in 2006 from Bath University, we are a growing company and supply life-changing medicines to over 275 hospitals UK-wide.
We offer an incredible apprenticeship scheme as well as positions for every field from research scientists, pharmacists and nurses to administrators, customer service agents and of course our superstars in our production and quality teams. We offer an exciting career in the pharmaceutical industry where you can truly make a difference to patients’ lives.
We have an unrivalled opportunity to join a hugely successful, rapidly expanding company where people and patients are at the heart of what we do. We are looking to recruit the position of Head of Quality to support the growth and continued delivery of an exceptional service. This would be a great opportunity for an individual who has at least 10 years’ experience working within Quality in a regulated cGMP environment who is experienced in leading and managing a significant Quality Unit function. You will work with the team to continue to develop our capacity and capability so that we can continue to deliver our products to hospitals across the UK and beyond.
The successful candidate must be a member of Royal Society of Chemistry/ Royal Society of Biology/ RPS (or eligible) with commitment to CPD and should have a Post Graduate Quality Assurance qualification and/or equivalent. An EU Qualified Person/QP or QP IMP is sought but an exceptional candidate who can quickly achieve QP status with full company support will be considered.
This position is a senior member of the management team who will be responsible for providing senior leadership and management to the Quality team
The overall job purpose is to
- Drive the Quality Strategy to ensure compliance with regulatory expectations in accordance with EU Guidance on Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Manage and deploy of the Quality department resources, currently a team of 30, to ensure both effective operational performance and maintain appropriate standards of cGMP compliance.
- Lead the governance of the QMS and GMP compliance to manage risks and highlight key challenges
- Actively pursuing opportunities for quality improvement and promote a strong culture of Quality awareness within the organisation
- Operate as a key member of the leadership team to establish collective priorities and remove barriers to progress
- Manage the preparation, execution and follow through of GMP/ IMP Regulatory Inspections
- Take the lead in communicating with the MHRA on the ‘Specials’, IMP and Veterinary Licences.
- Host and manage audits and inspections by clients as required as part of regulatory affairs
- Work with the Head of Production on the assessment and implementation of cutting-edge technologies to ensure our facility is at the forefront of safety and efficiency.
- Drive any necessary culture change and improvement in business performance to deliver strategic goals alongside other Heads of Departments
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Extremely competitive Salary (dependent on experience, knowledge and skill set)
- Bonus and Incentive Plan
- 21 days holiday, excluding bank holidays
- Life Insurance
- Generous Company pension scheme
- Company car (electric/hybrid)
- Private medical insurance
- Additional non-contractual benefits
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with easy access to the World Heritage City of Bath, and with great transport links to London and private education you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that also has a zero-carbon status. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business which is well placed to capitalise on its successful track record to date.
We have ambitious goals to achieve, be a part of the team that gets us there.
“Do you want to work for an organisation that makes life-changing pharmaceuticals?
By clicking 'apply' you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application. Closing date - 1st Aug 2021.