Head of Operations
About the role
As a member of the Pharmaxo Senior Management Team play a leading role in decision-making and the development of business operational strategies and its implementation to enable the achievement of overcoming the business core challenges and meeting Pharmaxo's level of ambition. Ensure financial targets and other agreed targets are met in all departments
Operational responsibility for the Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services, to include;
a) Line management and accountability for Patient Services and Pharmacy teams.
b) Establishing key performance indicators across operational functions and performance and effectiveness monitoring of people and processes by establishing a system of reports and communications.
c) Provide timely, accurate and complete performance and statistical reports on the operating condition of the company.
d) Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operations infrastructure of systems processes and personnel designed to accommodate meeting Pharmaxo's strategic objectives.
e) Lead the internal and external planning and implementation of new business requirements across the organization.
f) Represents Pharmaxo externally at local and national meetings/events both to educate stakeholders and aid the company is meeting its strategic objectives.
Work collaboratively with corporate functions (Finance, Logistics, HR, etc.) to ensure processes operate across corporate and business unit functions with no disruption to customers, service/products delivery, cash flows, etc.
The skills & attributes you will bring
1. Significant experience at a senior management level in a fast-growing commercial environment
2. Must demonstrate clear understanding and appreciation of the role systems integration and data can play in business process and decision-making
3. Demonstrable Proven record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
4. Proven ability to lead and motivate teams and influence decision makers at all levels of the organisation
5. Able to deliver a high level of service and support to the business to add value to business decisions aimed to improve profitability and performance
6. Clear strategic vision, able to disseminate this to others to gain support
7. Ability to plan, prioritise and achieve collaboration with multi-faceted tasks, meeting deadlines through the effective coordination of activities across many different functions and levels of the organisation within a face paced, quickly evolving environment
8. Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the proven ability to influence other stakeholders
1. Excellent knowledge of the current;
a. UK Secondary and Primary care sector
b. Wider NHS including agendas e.g. ICS, CCG etc.
c. DoH strategic priorities
d. UK Clinical Homecare Market
e. UK compounding sector
2. Excellent understanding of the UK Pharmacy and Homecare tender processes
3. Excellent current knowledge of key players in the homecare markets at national and regional level
4. Understanding of the UK generic pharmaceutical industry
5. Ensuring that market intelligence is utilised appropriately with regard to the company's business plan, reporting results appropriately to the wider organisation with respect to NHS developments, competitor activity and prices.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary competitive subject to experience
- 29 days holiday, increasing with service to 34 days, inclusive of bank holidays
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd, award winning company for the fastest-growing, privately owned pharma business in the UK, is expanding its homecare support team due to ongoing success. Pharmaxo provides clinical homecare services to a range of patients across the UK. Homecare pharmacy bridges the gap between community and hospital pharmacy, you will work as part of an established team to supply medicines to patients being treated within their own homes. Join us to expand your knowledge and experience in our interesting and supportive environment.
Closing date - 23 rd April 2021
By clicking apply' you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.