Head of Operations
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd, award winning company for the fastest-growing, privately owned pharma business in the UK, is expanding its homecare support team due to ongoing success. Pharmaxo provides clinical homecare services to a range of patients across the UK. Homecare pharmacy bridges the gap between community and hospital pharmacy, you will work as part of an established team to supply medicines to patients being treated within their own homes. Join us to expand your knowledge and experience in our interesting and supportive environment.
- As a member of the Pharmaxo Healthcare Senior Management Team lead the day to day operational delivery of the business services to customers, aligned with budget achievement and maintenance of key KPI’s. Contribute to the development of business commercial and operational strategies and its implementation to enable the long term growth of the business.
- Ensuring financial targets and other agreed targets are met across the business or that gap closing strategies are implemented to achieve budget and or operational KPI’s for Pharmaxo Healthcare.
- Operational responsibility for the Pharmaxo Healthcare, to include:
- Responsibility for the development, performance and maintenance of the operations of the organisation to produce smooth and efficient delivery solutions, maximising performance and profitability against pre-agreed targets.
- Ensuring financial controls are maintained and developing plans and strategies to improve productivity and reduce costs within the business.
- Provide leadership to pharmacy and patient services teams to ensure the Company achieves its strategic and operational objectives.
- Establishing key performance indicators across operational functions and performance and effectiveness monitoring of people and processes by establishing a system of reports and communications.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete performance and statistical reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Lead the internal and external planning and implementation of new business projects and initiatives across the organisation.
- Represents Pharmaxo externally at local and national meetings/events both to educate stakeholders and aid the company is meeting its strategic objectives.
- Work closely with the management team of Bath ASU (Pharmaxo Compounding) to ensure smooth operation between the business units and optimise the profitability and operational delivery of the Group services.
- With the Head of Nursing as the clinical lead, this role will lead the efficient delivery of homecare nursing services including decisions on staffing levels and nurse efficiency.
- With the commercial team agree any decisions to enter new contracts and the basis on which this will take place and then own the on boarding of new business.
- Deputises for the Managing Director where required.
- Work collaboratively with corporate shared service functions to ensure processes operate across corporate and business unit functions with no disruption to customers, service/products delivery, cash flows, etc.
Your duties & responsibilities
- To support the Pharmacy team to ensure the current systems and procedures in place and used to plan the day-to-day workload to meet demand are in accordance with Medicines Act and the GPhC guidelines, GDP, WDA(H) .
- Supported by the Head of Quality, ensure Pharmaxo meet Care Regulators criteria for Medicines Management and Regulated Activities. Ensure Pharmaxo meets the requirements of the Safe and Secure Handling of Medicines and meets the self-assessment standards.
- Ensuring that safe and efficient systems of work are followed in accordance with relevant legislation supported by the Group Health and Safety Manager.
- To consult and provide support to external customers on the delivery and development of services including attendance at appropriate meetings.
- Analysing and responding to internal and external resources, including professional inspections, to identify and implement statutory, regulatory and best practice service developments.
- With the Head of Nursing and Head of Quality, identify and managie risks to patients, the public and our staff; maintaining the local risk register and strengthening safety and assurances within the dispensing and home delivery process.
- Prepare and present appropriate documentation to support communication and management, presenting progress and highlighting issues for escalation at appropriate forums, including the Executive committee and Board of Directors meetings.
- Ensuring the Responsible Pharmacists are supported to fulfil their legal and professional requirements, with appropriate systems in place to deal with concerns, including the provision of advice outside of routine working hours.
- With the Head of Nursing and Head of Quality supporting the development and delivery of an appropriate quality and regulatory framework and training plan for the business.
- With the Pharmacy Manager, ensure that systems, inventory, working capital and process are in place to deliver market leading pharmacy dispensing and delivery services in a profitable way. Create and manage appropriate KPI’s to ensure visibility and tracking.
- Input into the final validation of new processes and technologies employed within Pharmaxo Healthcare where related to regulated activities.
- Manage the cost budget and as part of the leadership team drive the revenue and EBITDA delivery against budget.
- Ensure the economical purchasing, appropriate storage and distribution of pharmaceuticals in accordance with good medicines management practice.
- Working with the Implementation and Continuous Improvement Lead, identify areas of business efficiency and improvement each budget cycle which are then agreed and managed to delivery against agreed targets.
- Commitment to out of hours rota as required.
- Collaboration with the Business Intelligence team to develop standardization of internal and external reporting requirements.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Managing Director.
In return we will offer you:
- Full Time: 37.5 hours a week
- 29 days holiday, increasing with service to 34 days, inclusive of bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free breakfast and outdoor gym
Pharmaxo is based in a new science park development in Corsham, with easy access to Chippenham, Bath and Bristol. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first”.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.