Funeral Operative – On Call
Our client is a long-standing Funeral Services company, based in Maldon, Essex. They have been arranging funerals within their local community for over 100 years.
They are looking to recruit a Funeral Operative to join their team.
As this role is for ‘On-Call’ cover when the office is closed, you will need to be available between 5pm and 8am during the week and any time at the weekends.
Payment is £70.00 for 7 days Standby + £39 per call out.
- You will be required to participate in a 24-hour call-out system in accordance with the local rota agreements.
- This entails being available during evenings and weekends on a rotational basis.
- The on-call team will be required to move the deceased from their place of death in a dignified way to the company’s private ambulances and from those ambulances to the mortuary. You will therefore need to be physically fit. Manual handling equipment and training is provided.
- Partake in an ‘On Call’ rota, collecting the deceased from a range of locations and scenarios in a professional, empathetic and dignified manner.
- Removal of the deceased from their place of death to the company premises in a seemly and dignified manner.
Previous relevant experience is preferred, but not essential, however you will:
- Be physically fit and have the ability to perform physical aspects of the role (manual lifting).
- Be of smart appearance with a full driving licence.
- Be hard working, reliable and honest, committed to maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Be a team player willing to be part of the out of hours removal team.
- Have experience of dealing sympathetically with clients.
- Live within the local area, ideally within a 10-mile radius of Maldon (as the position is on a call-out basis).
- Possess the emotional strength and resilience required to work with the deceased in a variety of circumstances whilst maintaining a calm, mature and compassionate disposition for their families and loved one.
- Ensure immaculate appearance of all company vehicles at all times.
- Have a genuine passion to help people at a difficult time of their lives.
- Have a professional and caring approach to client/customer service.
- Possess the ability to take instructions and follow them, with high attention to detail.
Uniform and full training is supplied.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please apply ASAP.
Our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.