French Speaking Accounts/Credit Control Assistant
Up to £26,000 per annum
We are looking for an enthusiastic multilingual Accounts/Credit Control Assistant (French/English speaking) to join our small Finance team based in Luton.
The role will be responsible for the sales ledger function within the EMEA Region posting and matching all cash receipts, reconciling invoices processed, debit notes deducted and process all credit notes. Reconcile sales ledger to nominal ledger control account and ‘chase’ all debts that are overdue. The postholder will also be required to produce and present regular management information.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Chasing all outstanding debts past their due date
- Liaise with internal/external contacts regarding any credit queries/issues on accounts in the UK and France and building a rapport with customers
- Release all orders on a prompt basis
- Process all receipts and match and clear them against specific invoices
- Process all debit notes.
- Reconcile sales ledger to sales ledger control in nominal ledger in line with management accounts timetable AR to GL.
- Prepare Bank reconciliations (EURO currency)
- Prepare AR report on weekly basis and monitor/report on any discrepancies
- Obtain credit references in support of credit limits for all new accounts
- Obtain credit references as orders and debt take existing customers through their credit limits
- Provide any other support and reporting/reconciliations required for month-end management accounts and year-end accounts processes.
- General financial assistance across the European business and within the finance team
Suitable applicants will have:
- Confidence and the ability to place pressure tactfully on companies who owe money
- Hardworking with a drive to meet targets
- Previous accounts/finance experience
- Adaptability and problem solving
- Good organisational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise a heavy workload in a fast changing environment
- Fluent French/English speaking and in written correspondence
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Experience of Netsuite system
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP submitting your CV, and salary expectations to: email@example.com. Please note we are currently unable to consider applicants that require sponsorship/visas for working in the UK.
Benefits: 20 days holiday, Life Assurance, 60% staff discount, access to nationwide retail benefit portal, Flexible working, Employee Assistance programme.