Financial data analyst – investment management
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading private equity firm as a financial data analyst. This is a data intelligence, visualisation and analytics role within the middle office team. It will involve collaborating with internal business stakeholders to be part of delivering an exciting data transformation and change programme.
The ideal candidate for this financial data analyst role will have experience of working with market-leading data analytics technology, with a background of liaising with stakeholders across business functions. You will have an analytical mindset, a data-centric problem-solving approach and a proven track record of high-quality deliverables. We are looking for someone who will be confident holding technical conversations with technical and non-technical teams alike.
This is a fantastic role for someone interested in financial data, with experience of building visualisations, charts, and interactive dashboards to support wider business strategy.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with some experience in client or customer facing positions
- High level of interpersonal skills, to create, develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Confident data analysis skills including advanced MS Excel. You will ideally be working in Excel day-to-day and have some experience working with databases that hold financial or accounting data
- Good organisation skills and a proven track record of managing complex, conflicting priorities and deadlines. Some experience in a project role would be advantageous
- Experience using Qlik and / or similar business intelligence tools would be advantageous
- Prior experience of working on SQL databases would be desirable
- A passion for technology / automation and a willingness to approach problem solving creatively
- Aptitude to learn and a passion for data, with experience of working with large datasets and spotting trends in analysis
- A background in financial services, investment management or similar would be desirable. You should be able to articulate your interest in financial data.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in building their knowledge and skills within private capital. The successful candidate will also have worked in software or technology-centric businesses or express a strong interest in learning new technology. You may be from a financial services background and will be willing to build up your knowledge of specialist investments – you will also have a keen interest in professional development.
This role comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including discretionary bonus, private health insurance, pension & paid holidays.
What you need to do now
Get in touch to submit your profile for this opportunity – we'd love to hear from you!
Hertalis partners with businesses through change to provide specialist communications, HR & resourcing solutions. If this role caught your eye, but doesn’t seem quite right, please feel free to get in touch with us for a discussion about your next career move.