Up to £46,000, depending on experience, + benefits
Monday to Friday (37.5hrs)
Working from home and the Fund’s offices in Buckinghamshire
Want to work with a small, friendly, fun team in the charity sector with flexible working? Do you have an interest in sport and/or the military?
Our client is looking for a Finance Manager with aligned personal values to those of their charity. Their ideal candidate will be an open, honest and committed member of their small team with an inclusive outlook, recognising that everyone matters regardless of their background. Whilst they are a charity that embraces fun and enthusiasm, they are equally looking for someone who will take seriously their commitment to delivering their charity’s mission by helping to safeguard their resources to ensure they can continue to support their beneficiaries long into the future. The ideal candidate will be a big team player and be content to work at all levels – from getting stuck in with administrative duties when required through to dealing with investment managers and board level trustees and directors.
The charity is dedicated to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of serving personnel principally through the funding of sport and physical activities. Every year they deliver integral support to individuals, RAF Stations and Sports Associations through their grant funding programmes to enhance their time whilst serving. Ultimately, they want everyone regardless of their role, rank, physical ability or competing level to have access to sports facilities, equipment and training.
Working as a member of the management team, the Finance Manager’s role is central to ensuring the Fund is able to develop, monitor and utilise appropriate internal and external financial systems and reports to meet regulatory and governance best practice, whilst supporting the development and implementation of the Fund’s strategic direction.
- Oversight of management financial reporting through the collation and preliminary analysis of financial information.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the finance function.
- Assist external auditors with the yearly Fund and Trading Subsidiary financial audits and drafting of financial statements.
- Oversight of the reconciliation of bank and key balance sheet control accounts.
- Management of the collation of information to support the annual budget process.
- Management of the preparation of financial information to support the collation of annual statutory reports.
- Management of the Trading Subsidiary accounts.
- Assist the CEO with the production of operational financial plans and other such financial information.
- Act as the primary advisor and Committee Secretary to the Finance Committee and Investment Committee.
- Monitor and report on the performance of the Fund’s investments, acting as a primary point of contact with the Fund’s Investment Managers and executing transactions as necessary.
- Monitor and report on the performance of the Fund’s Sports Lottery fundraising platform, including the provision of financial forecast models and scenario planning.
- Assist the CEO with the research, administration and completion of ad hoc financial projects to develop a cohesive grant giving programme.
- Providing support to the Grants Officer and COO in the development of grants policies and criteria to ensure financial probity and compliance.
- Assist in the ongoing development and management of financial and administrative systems for controlling and monitoring grant funding.
- Promoting the work of the Fund through presentations and external visits.
- Qualified CCAB accountant (or part-qualified CCAB accountant with significant financial experience).
- Experience of dealing with a Trading Subsidiary (including the related VAT knowledge).
- Experience of working in the charitable sector.
- Ability to gather information and produce high quality written evaluations to deadline, present to varying audiences, report meaningful outputs and input into strategic direction.
- Ability to work independently across multiple physical sites with minimal management.
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of dealing with Investment Managers
- Knowledge of the Armed Forced environment