We have an opportunity to join a successful, rapidly expanding company with a great team spirit. We are looking to recruit a Facilities Technician to support the continued delivery of an exceptional service.
You will be responsible for routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields
Your Duties & responsibilities
- Support the Maintenance Desk and ensure that incidents and requests are dealt with within agreed SLAs
- Carry out an intensive programme of planned preventive maintenance tasks for all company buildings and utilities.
- Carry out routine maintenance on non GMP company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time.
- Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance documentation, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Ensure there are adequate supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts or those with a long lead time.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly health and safety checks and inspections and takes timely corrective action. Report problems and/or unsafe practices to relevant line manager and Facilities and HSSE Manager, together with any recommendations for improvements.
- Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to facilities equipment, planned and executed in such a way to minimise risk or inconvenience to others.
- Follow up on action points agreed in any Health and Safety Committee within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed.
- Review processes, procedures, systems, paperwork, etc. in own area, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Communicate process changes to relevant parties in order that relevant follow up may be carried out, e.g. training.
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as necessary to clarify technical details and overcome problems.
- Any other reasonable duties or project work which may be required by management from time to time.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be required to be flexible and take on projects and responsibilities as the company grows.
You will be required to be flexible as this role will involve out of hours and contractual weekend working.
The skills & attributes you will bring:
- You will have practical hands on experience and be willing to engage where required.
- Have an understanding in creating teamwork using the right techniques in an environment of trust and cooperation with the aim of increasing productivity.
- Have an understanding and plan flexible schedule arrangements.
- See potential problems before they occur and work to stop them early enough.
- Liaise with the engineering team or other relevant party to handle any underlying mechanical problem that may arise.
- Have a good command of Hard skills to succeed in the role.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.
Closing date: 16 th April 2021.
By clicking apply, you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.