The Qualasept Pharmaxo Holdings Limited (QPHL) Group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
Qualasept Ltd t/a Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
The QPHL Group now includes over 400 people with a leading-edge turnover greater than 260 million.
We have invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing facility and offices in Corsham, Wiltshire
You will be responsible for all aspects of the QPHL facilities management and premises to ensure the cleanliness, safety and security of the buildings and grounds at all times. To contribute to decisions regarding premises management and development in these areas.
To manage Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) issues on behalf of QPHL, ensuring that HSSE issues are addressed efficiently and appropriately. A key deliverable will be to document statutory compliance across QPHL's portfolio.
Your Duties & responsibilities
- Undertake any other duties as required by your Manager, which may include some out of hours work depending on the nature of the task.
- Responsible for the overall security arrangements of the premises including ensuring that staff are aware of the procedures on security and the use of alarm systems, that there is an appropriate system of key holding management.
- Draw up maintenance schedules and set routine programmes of work for cleaning staff, premises and facilities staff to ensure consistently high standards of hygiene, cleanliness, upkeep and safety of all buildings and premises.
- Ensure that all statutory elements of health and safety are employed and undertaking responsibility for monitoring first aid and emergency supplies and equipment and maintaining the premises in a safe and healthy condition and to a high standard.
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of all firefighting and fire alarm systems. To ensure the maintenance and periodic checking of fire and other safety equipment by a specialist contractor.
- Ensure that the group businesses are undertaking the operation and periodic checking of the fire alarm systems and equipment as detailed in the Fire Safety logbook. To initiate and record regular fire drills.
- Monitor the safe storage and control of any potentially harmful materials and chemicals used and ensure that such materials are appropriately marked and signposted.
- Responsible for all aspects of facilities risk management, including ensuring all necessary risk assessments are completed and the necessary checks are in place to meet all audit requirements.
- Responsible for the planned and ad hoc maintenance and upkeep of the premises and equipment including the required safety checks and liaise with contractors as required and taking any appropriate actions to ensure and monitor proper safe levels of lighting, heating and ventilation.
- Determine whether maintenance should be undertaken in house or by a commissioned contract services provider and to assist in the selection of contract services where appropriate through consultation with the business managers, ensuring key HSE criteria are identified, relevant KPI's are set and received information is evaluated.
- Be the client-side link with contracting staff, contribute to specifications, monitoring and review of all major facilities contracts and services and to undertake appropriate administrative processes for specifying minor contracts in accordance with established guidelines.
- Responsible for the purchase ordering and checking of invoices up to an authorised amount.
- Where external contractors/inspectors are employed, monitor work and certify that work has been done satisfactorily and ensure they complete the necessary documentation.
- Through consultation and planning with the Managing Directors, ensure disaster recovery plans and procedures in relation to facilities are clearly defined and agreed.
- Respond (on a list basis) to call outs by police and Alarm Company Control during closure periods including nights and weekends in compliance with the Lone Working Policy.
- Be aware of and adhere to applicable regulations, legislation and procedures, national legislation (Health and Safety, COSHH, COMA, Data Protection).
- Maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for QPHL.
- Provide primary interface and single point of contact for Health, Safety and Environment representatives.
- Implement a HSE auditing programme, against requirements for statutory compliance and compliance to HSE management systems and processes.
- Monitor contractor HSE performance via audits or spot checks of working practices and monitor contractor HSE KPI's.
- Provide HSE news updates to staff via marketing along with supporting staff HSE initiatives.
- Monitor all FM related accidents and incidents and provide support for accident investigations, including root cause analysis.
- Train and deliver health and safety policies across the organisation as required.
The skills & attributes you will bring
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A can do, customer focused attitude and be a self-starter
- Experience in influencing and managing others
In return we can offer
29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. Increasing with service
Generous Pension scheme
Company bonus scheme
Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Closing date: 23 rd October 2021
By clicking apply' you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.