Environmental Health & Safety Officer
The Qualasept Pharmaxo Holdings Limited Group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors. The Group currently employs over 400 people and generates £260M sales. Operating out of attractive, new offices and manufacturing facility in the Corsham Science Park, the Group is now poised to embark on the next step in its ambitious journey.
Bath ASU are looking for someone to actively promote and develop the direction and management of our Environmental, Health and Safety culture, ensuring ongoing compliance with local and corporate requirements and application of best practice.
Duties & responsibilities
- Develop the framework, management systems and skills within the business to ensure compliance with legal and corporate requirements and promote a positive safety culture across the QPHL Group.
- Recruit, train and manage and support the delegated governance structure of safety reps, Emergency response team and EHS Committee through proactive reporting and communication of issues and recommendations.
- Represent the QPHL business with external and corporate partners to ensure compliance.
- Lead projects to support the strategic initiatives to grow the business and promote continual improvement.
- Create a timeline and lead the attainment of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 accreditation driving continual improvement in all aspects of E, H&S
- Set and monitor EHS Key Performance Indicators and trends to identify issues, agree improvement plans and monitor progress.
- Provide technical advice and support to ensure an effective risk management process is established.
- Ensure appropriate policies/procedures/guidance is available to ensure employees and contractors have clear understanding of company requirements.
- Assess training needs, develop and agree training plan and monitor progress.
- Establish an effective incident management process which encourages incident and good observation reporting and supports leaders to thoroughly investigate and learn from events to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ensure a robust CAPA Management system is maintained.
- Establish an internal audit programme to evaluate the effectiveness of the EHS Management System.
- Communicate performance to top management regularly and escalate issues in a timely manner in line with site SOPs and Corporate EHS standards
- Manage, co-ordinate and periodically evaluate the effectiveness and accuracy of the Business Continuity plans.
- Develop and align the EHS training plan to ensure the organisation is aware of EHS best practices, implement training programmes to increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety consciousness across all areas
- Point contact for EHS regulatory bodies (e.g. EA/ HSE) and external audits (e.g. customer, ISO 14001/ 45001).
The skills and attributes you will need
- Managerial experience within Environmental Health and Safety in the pharmaceutical/health industry
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to both work collaboratively and to influence those with whom no formal hierarchical relationship exists.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills that can used with people of various Backgrounds and experience e.g. technical to the non-technical
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Experience of working in a matrix management organisation with global and local responsibilities
- Change management /Project Management skills
- Effective communication, conflict and issue resolution skills
- Line Management experience
- Experience in the rollout of ISO standards
- PC literate with Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Qualities you will need
- Customer focused - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Time Management - uses time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - can effectively cope with change; doesn't have to finish things before moving on.
- Action Orientated - enjoys working hard; is full of energy for the things sees as challenging.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.