Dispensing Assistant (Level 4)
Pharmaxo Healthcare, award winning company for the fastest-growing, privately owned pharma business in the UK, is expanding its homecare support team due to ongoing success. Pharmaxo provides clinical homecare services to a range of patients across the UK.
You will be responsible for labelling and dispensing prescriptions, managing pharmacy stock levels and contributing to any tasks to ensure the safe and efficient supply of medication to homecare patients. You will be responsible for accurately packing and dispatching medication orders to ensure they reach patients safely and securely, maintaining Pharmaxo stock areas and goods. You will be responsible for carrying out any related tasks (both routine and non-routine) that ensure the safe and effective supply of medicines to patients at all times during the prescription journey, through problem solving and applied knowledge.
Your duties & responsibilities
- Follow the standard operating procedures
- Participate in pharmacy activities including, but not limited to:
- Labelling/picking/dispensing/packing of orders
- Reordering lines where appropriate
- Receipt of goods inward
- Dispatch of goods out
- Communicating with patients, suppliers and courier agents directly
- Reordering stock and packing materials where appropriate
- Restocking and backfilling the dispensary and storage areas
- Accurate usage and maintenance of pharmacy forms and logs
- Undertake daily tasks relating to the safe supply of medicines.
- Responsible for daily control of dispensary stock and equipment, including lifting and working in temperature controlled environments.
- Follow safe and efficient systems of work in accordance with relevant legislation, e.g. Health and Safety at Work act, GPhC and GDP guidance.
- Commitment to participate in any extended hours where required.
- Attend such study days and up-dating courses as are deemed necessary for the development of the unit and yourself.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Responsible Pharmacist, or manager.
- Adhere to any training requirements that the role requires without delay.
- Able to carry out non-routine functions e.g. engagement in problem-solving, creating stock tickets, running reports, medication returns to suppliers etc.
- You are validated in the dispensing of complex oncology prescriptions.
- You will take on responsibilities for ordering processes (i.e. NAV/stock issues liaison)
- Trained in either wholesale (WDA) or Clinical Trials pharmacy activity
- Perform end-of-month FP10 activities.
- Carries out SOP compliance audits, among other audits in the dispensary – presents at CG meetings as part of the clinical governance framework.
- Must be able to regularly carry out non-routine functions (self-driven) e.g. support of manager/RP in decision-making and engagement in problem-solving.
- Regular and self-driven contribution to quality tasks e.g. SOP, job aid & log writing/review.
The skills & attributes you will bring
- You will uphold high standards of cleanliness, tidiness and professionalism in line with GPhC and MHRA guidance.
- You will ensure good communication between the team using a variety of methods
- You must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be willing to play your part in the dispensary team.
- 2+ year Pharmaxo experience desirable – you must have knowledge of systems and processes.
- You will demonstrate regular provision of training to peers.
- Supports Pharmacy Manager and Assistant Pharmacy Manager in delivering dispensary performance.
- Must have expert knowledge of processes and shows aptitude for training colleagues.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be required to be flexible and take on projects and responsibilities as the company grows.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary competitive and opportunity for career progression
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays - increasing with service)
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
By clicking ’apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.