Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd, award-winning company for the fastest-growing, privately owned pharma business in the UK, is expanding its homecare support team due to ongoing success. Pharmaxo provides clinical homecare services to a range of patients across the UK.
You will be responsible for labelling and dispensing prescriptions, managing pharmacy stock levels and contributing to any tasks to ensure the safe and efficient supply of medication to homecare patients.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Follow the standard operating procedures
- Participate in activities concerned with any dispensing activity including:
- Picking/dispensing of orders
- Reordering lines where appropriate
- Communicating with patients and suppliers directly
- Liaising as first point of contact with couriers and delivery agents
- Undertake daily tasks relating to the safe supply of medicines.
- Follow safe and efficient systems of work in accordance with relevant legislation, e.g. Health and Safety at Work act and GDP guidance.
- Commitment to participate in any extended hours where required.
- Attend such study days and up-dating courses as are deemed necessary for the development of the unit and yourself.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Responsible Pharmacist, Dispensary Supervisor, or Pharmacy Manager.
- Adhere to any training requirements that the role requires without delay.
The skills and attributes you will bring
- You will uphold high standards of cleanliness, tidiness and professionalism in line with GPhC and MHRA guidance.
- You will ensure good communication between the team using a variety of methods
- You must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be willing to play your part in the dispensary team.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be required to be flexible and take on projects and responsibilities as the company grows.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary competitive subject to experience
- 29 days holiday, increasing with service to 34 days, inclusive of bank holidays
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.