Data Engineer – 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award winning and market leading business that serves customers, patients and medical professionals. A specialist company with a commercial approach within the pharmaceutical Aseptic compounding, Clinical Homecare and laboratory services sectors. Our approach engenders autonomy and accountability - we have a track record of investing in our people. We have recently invested in a new, multi-million-pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park. Qualasept now employ over 400 people and has combined sales of more than £190 million from its three subsidiaries, comprising:
- Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief.
- Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services is a growing Clinical Homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
- Microgenetics is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services.
Our knowledge base ranges from scientific discovery in R&D to process development in manufacturing. Our teams carry academic achievement across the spectrum from our internal accredited qualification to multiple PhDs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled data engineer on an initial 6-month contract to help the business develop a new data warehouse, to enable the QPHL group to take the use of data to the next level. The new data structure needs to be designed to enable ease of use, growth, and provide a solid base to allow a self-service reporting element in the future.
Your duties & responsibilities
- Be the lead data engineer in building a new data warehouse.
- Design and write detail data schemas.
- Design, develop, test, and implement best practice for data pipelines and data stores.
- Design, develop, test, and support the enterprise data warehouse and associated data marts.
- Gather and analyse requirements to support the development of building a new data structure to support future business growth.
- Design and review the data architecture required to support self-service outputs.
- Provide cover for the business intelligence team where required.
- Ensure existing reporting can be facilitated within the new data structure.
- Undertake any other duties or projects as required by your Line Manager or Head of department.
The skills & attributes you will bring
- You will have excellent data engineering skills
- You will have excellent database design skills
- You will have excellent data modelling skills
- Must have experience of building a date warehouse from the ground up
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be required to be flexible and take on projects and responsibilities as the company grows.
In return we can offer
- Salary Band: £50,000 - £58,000 pro rata
- 29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays
- Generous Pension scheme where if you contribute 6% the company contribute 8%
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.