Contracts Manager – Heritage Building Repairs / Church Works department
Package: £47,500 to £52,000 - dependent on experience and ability.
Long established Essex based Construction Company, who carry out a broad spectrum of works and specialise in works to churches and listed buildings.
The role is based at their offices in Danbury, Essex, working on mainly churches, historic buildings and ancient monuments in London & Southeast, the role as Contracts Manager will include tendering, quantity surveying, general management and organisation of an in house multi-skilled labour force and trade subcontractors.
A proven track record of management, experience, and technical knowledge of working on mainly historic buildings is essential.
- Reporting directly to the Head of the Church Works Division & ultimately responsible to the Company Board of Directors, you will be expected to work under your own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- To prepare & submit tenders, quotations prepared from drawings, bills of quantities, schedules of works and site surveys as required, values ranging from £5,000 to £1 million.
- To obtain quotes from material suppliers and sub-contractors for subcontracted elements of the works.
- Personally responsible for controlling and supervising all aspects of several contracts at any one time, from pre-contract stage through to final completion.
- Preparation of method statements, risk assessments, health and safety site plans, bar chart programmes and general compliance with safe working practices & company procedures.
- Liaison with client’s representatives & establishment of good working relationships.
- Solving problems as they arise.
- Ensuring directly employed multi skilled labour are organised, fully productive and motivated on the projects.
- Ensuring quality control and high standards of workmanship.
- Ensuring the smooth running of contract operations including the supervision of site managers, the protection of company assets/hired equipment, issue of safety equipment & recording thereof, overseeing regular inspection & monitoring, submission of statutory paperwork.
- Preparation of valuations/final accounts.
Person description & Experience required:
- Good experience in general heritage building repairs is essential.
- Good interpersonal skill and a key team player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and workload.
- Be able to work unsupervised and within a small team environment.
- Be able to read and understand construction schedules, quantity surveying.
- Candidate will be possibly a graduate, HND or NVQ qualified in a relevant construction-related discipline.
- Clean driving licence essential
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.
Our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.