Clinical Governance Lead
Pharmaxo Healthcare is a specialist pharmacy and clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater choice and convenience to patients whilst delivering value and efficiencies to the NHS and private sector.
The post holder will work as a key member of the Pharmaxo Healthcare Quality Team, to support and delivery a range of quality clinical governance activities within the Nursing Team. They will be a lead in ensuring a patient safety culture is maintained alongside regulatory compliance.
The post holder will have a pivotal role in supporting the services in the promotion and improvement of governance activities, including management of ongoing incidents, complaints, supporting regulatory preparation, promotion of Patient Safety strategy activities and the development of Policy and Standard Operating Procedures in line with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society Homecare Standards.
The post holder will lead on the production of comprehensive clinical governance reports and facilitating meetings with key stakeholders to support governance processes. The post holder will be a subject matter expert in inspections including UK Care Regulators, and Supplier Pharmacovigilance audits.
The post holder will line manage the Clinical Trainers within the Nursing Team ensuring their knowledge, training, professional regulation and competencies are maintained. The post holder will provide support to the Regional Nurse Managers and Clinical Trainers in the development and maintenance of effective training plans for the Nursing Team.
Your duties & responsibilities
- Support the Head of Nursing and Regional Nurse Managers with developing clinical governance frameworks, demonstrating effective communication with the nursing team on the wider range of governance activities.
- You will ensure an open incident reporting culture and be active in encouraging staff to report incidents.
- Supporting the Quality Team and Service leads by collating evidence for governance action plans that have been implemented.
- You will work collaboratively with the Patient Safety Lead to ensure patient safety risks are identified and controlled.
- You will be the lead investigator for clinical complaints and incident management, ensuring all investigations are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor the systems in place to ensure tracking of clinical incidents, investigations and action plans and report trends at the Clinical Governance meetings.
- Act as support to any investigation team established under the serious incident procedure for all clinical incidents
- You will develop the governance structure for field nursing teams, working collaboratively with Clinical trainers to ensure the nursing service is safe, well-led and effective.
- You will be responsible for developing the governance and risk assessment processes for all new Pharmaxo clinics. You will perform regular audits of offsite clinic locations.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, lead on the development of relevant policy and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Ensuring these are affectively designed, maintained, and communicated to all relevant individuals.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships and effective team working to ensure increased understanding / compliance with all governance standards
- Ensure that services maintain accurate and timely governance records in accordance with ALCOA standards.
- Maintain the integrity of all governance information using agreed methods and procedures.
- Develop and implement strategies to promote good governance and effective risk management across all roles.
- To assist in the development of a process that allows the organisation to effectively gather service user feedback and that enables the feedback to shape service improvement initiatives.
- Support the translation of Policy and SOPs into practice for delivery by nursing staff and ensuring implementation is supported through robust systems and processes for oversight and governance and supported by staff training where required.
- Carry out annual reviews of nursing services to ensure processes, SOPs and policies are being followed. Provide a report on recommended improvements for Regional Nurse Managers and Clinical Trainers to deliver.
- You will represent the quality team at customer meetings relating to the incident management, patient safety reporting and service quality.
- Competitive salary
- Full Time: 37.5 hours a week
- 29 days holiday, increasing with service to 34 days, inclusive of bank holidays
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Free breakfast and outdoor gym
Pharmaxo is based in a new science park development in Corsham, with easy access to Chippenham, Bath and Bristol. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first”.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.