Post: Caretaker (2x Full time positions available)
Department: Housing Management
Reports to: Housing Manager
Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £23 400
Location: Bristol, 2nd Floor, Eden House, East gate Office Park, Bristol, BS5 6XX
Our vision is to empower refugees and migrants who reside in the UK to lead self-sufficient and ambitious lives.
ACH is a social enterprise comprised of a diverse group of strategists and researchers led by lived experience. We provide tailored integration services that not only help individuals, but also disrupt the systems that have entrenched inequalities in our society.
We have a track record of delivering effective support services that give refugees and migrants the tools they need to succeed. We are proud of making impact on our clients to help them achieve their personal goals and lead fulfilling lives in their new country.
By working with us at ACH, you will be supporting refugees and migrants to build a better, brighter future.
Purpose of job
To contribute to the success of the Association, by ensuring that the housing stock is clean, hygienic and safe – maintaining an appropriate living environment for our residents.
- Conducting routine cleaning in properties and ensuring good standard of cleanliness for internal housing areas, including entrances, staircases, windows, corridors, walls and floors.
- Carrying out health and safety checks and ensuring communal places are free from trip and hazard.
- Keeping gardens and landscaping in good condition
- performing simple repairs and maintenance such as painting and simple plumbing
- Monitoring heating and electricity to reduce excessive consumption to achieve energy efficiency.
- Helping housing team to prepare properties/rooms for re-let.
- Making available cleaning supplies used in communal facilities such as kitchens and bathrooms in properties.
- To litter pick, sweep and remove rubbish of all kinds from the allocated areas.
- To ensure that storage areas and bin rooms are kept clean, tidy and accessible at all times.
- To assist residents recycling and ensuring bins and boxes are ready for collections from allocated area outside properties by bin lorries.
- To undertake any emergency cleaning which may be necessary to preserve standards of hygiene.
- To take responsibility for own safety and must adhere to safe working manner in line with ACH’s Health and Safety policy.
- To observe safe working practices and use only proprietary materials, substances and equipment approved by the Association for that purpose in accordance with COSHH and Health and Safety standards and training.
- To be the first point of contact for any queries or concerns relating to the fabric of the allocated area and report and respond to residents with respect to these matters.
This list is not exclusive or exhaustive. You may be asked to carry out other duties deemed necessary by your line manager. For more information on the role and ACH please view the full job description here and our recruitment pack here.
How to apply
To apply please complete our application form by clicking ‘Apply today’ below.
For an informal conversation or to find out more about ACH or the role, please don’t hesitate to contact our People and Culture Manager, Werner Lourens - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants need to have right to work in the UK to be considered for this role. We may close this role early, so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.