Care Team Leader
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £22,950 per annum
Join our team! An exciting opportunity to work as part of our London leadership team in Merton. We are looking for someone with experience in social care in a supervisory role working with people with learning disabilities
Making it happen- Your Role
- As a Team Manager you will work alongside the Service Manager and will be responsible for facilitating the day to day running of our supported living services, you will help to organise and monitor day to day support ensuring that it is delivered efficiently and to the highest possible standard.
- You will be joining a team which supports adults with a variety of support needs. Our aim is to give the people you will be supporting as much control over their own lives as possible.
- This is a responsible role which is really varied, and extremely rewarding. The job is all about giving people encouragement, guidance and support so they can live as independently as possible and have the freedom to make their own choices.
What we need from you
- Have experience of working in social care, working with individuals with Learning disabilities, Complex needs and Autism
- Have an NVQ3 in Social Care or equivalent or working towards.
- You will know that you need compassion, integrity and to treat people with dignity and respect.
- You need to be reliable because people are depending on you
- Be able to travel between locations and work flexibly, including evenings, weekends and overnight as needed.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and good IT and numerical skills.
- Have experience in a supervisory role and motivating a staff team
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Who we are
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
Our vision is a society where everyone has equal access to the same rights and opportunities.
In our work we aim to be:
- Creative, Strong, Honest, Responsive, United
To support us with our mission to ensure that individuals with learning disabilities, mental or physical support needs have the opportunity to live their lives to the full. Apply Now!
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.