DW Windsor Group is recognised globally as a leading manufacturer of exterior lighting equipment, powered by people with a shared passion for light and committed to delivering outstanding service to its customers. We are currently looking for a likeminded, driven Buyer to join our team in Hoddesdon.
Purpose of Job:
- To provide analysis and support for identified opportunities so as to improve the profitability of the Company by initiatives within the Supply Chain function.
- To purchase materials and equipment required by the Company at the optimum quality, service level and cost to meet operational and customer requirements.
- Monitor purchase orders to ensure that they are modified to meet changes in requirements and then ensure confirmed acceptance of any order change.
- Act as liaison between Purchasing and interfacing stakeholders to plan, coordinate and implement strategies for all supply chain activities related to fulfilling customer requirements.
- Maintain up to date lists of suppliers and pricing arrangements to ensure that the Company achieves the most favourable commercial terms.
- Identify and communicate supplier capacity overloads and work with Operations team.
- Monitor and resolve invoice issues through to resolution.
- Develop supplier capacity and productions plans that meet business needs.
- Using the Company Quality Management System, monitor the performance of suppliers and products to ensure that they meet the required standards.
- Report any significant supply problems to ensure that departments and functions are kept aware of any potential difficulties. Work with suppliers to find solutions to improve potential shortages.
- Maintain the Company database to ensure supplier details, lead times and prices are accurate.
- Adopt the principal of TAC (total acquisition cost) in all benchmarking exercises and sourcing comparisons.
- Maintain good business relationships with key suppliers.
- Develop and introduce new suppliers that meet the needs of the business.
- Raise purchase orders for ‘MRP’ generated requirements. Negotiate the purchase of materials and equipment required by the Company, ensuring that these meets agreed specifications and can be delivered with the best cost and lead times for the required quantities.
- Minimum of 10 years Buyer experience, minimum of 5 years within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working in an Engineering environment and sourcing Electromechanical components.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- You will have strong negotiating skills and be able to build strong relationships with suppliers.
- You will have the ability to plan and progress with new suppliers.
- You will have a passion for Supply Chain and achieving cost savings across New Projects.
- You will have excellent analytical experience and can demonstrate ability to manipulate data.
- You will have excellent communication skills.
- You will have excellent organisational skills and must be process driven.
- You will have the ability to innovate and think creatively.
- You will have excellent MRP knowledge, PC skills, Microsoft Office skills: advanced experience of Microsoft Excel;
- You must be able to handle pressure and challenging situations effectively.