Business Development Manager
Our client is an industry leading trade only supplier of Materials Handling, Storage & Access equipment through a loyal network of distributors and national catalogue/website companies (B2B).
They have an excellent opportunity for someone to join their well-established company to develop new business and nurture existing customers. This is an excellent career
opportunity with lots of long- term opportunities for future growth within the business.
- Develop business with existing accounts, both their Catalogue Distributors and Key Accounts. This will involve proactive measures to grow turnover as well as managing customers' ongoing requirements.
- Seek new opportunities with regional and national businesses [prospects will be provided]. Their goal is to build long-term relationships through regular contact and great support.
- Promote their catalogue and website packages to potential distributors.
- Work with their marketing team to prepare product presentations targeted at the requirements of each customer, to get their products added to their catalogues and websites.
- Work with their marketing team to create marketing campaigns, including email and product promotions.
- This will develop into a partly field based role, visiting customers and prospects once you have enough knowledge and experience. This part of the role will grow over time. Please note this will involve staying away.
- Represent the company at conferences, exhibitions and training events as required.
- The most important thing is a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Experience is not required if you are passionate, enthusiastic, and keen to learn
- Strong communication skills, both on the phone and in writing
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative, build strategies, take responsibility, and innovate where appropriate
- Need to be able to work alone and self-motivate as well as operate as part of a close-knit team and get involved with a variety of tasks
- Must be confident and be able to cope under pressure and deal with setbacks
- Must be organised, pay attention to detail and able to manage your time effectively
- Good numerical and computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Please note that this is not a traditional office-based role and will regularly require longer hours to meet commitments, particularly when making customer visits
- Training and support will be given
- Circa £30,000, depending upon experience
- Plus Commission and Bonuses
- Company Car or allowance following successful trial period and when external visits begin
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.