Building Works Surveyor - Insurance Repairs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Building Works Surveyor to join a reputable and long-established local Building Company
The role is with their busy insurance repairs department dealing with flood, subsidence, fire, impact and escape of water damage claims and covering throughout Essex and South Suffolk region.
The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to survey, assess and prepare schedules of repairs from initial site visit. Dealing with domestic and commercial properties the role will also involve overseeing of the management of the subsequent works. The right candidate will be given the opportunity to develop the role and to work with a number of insurance repair networks that the company is involved with.
As a Building works surveyor your duties will include:
- Working with the insurance repair department to visit with policy holders and professionals to schedule and agree works to various scopes of building repairs. Typically 15k - 100k
- Collate costing and values using NSR systems and other portals
- Preparing valuations on current contracts including variations and final accounts.
- Negotiating and procuring sub-contract packages.
- Production of accurate monitoring and progress reports.
- Monitoring effective management of appointed subcontractors' workmanship and Health & Safety.
- Managing policy holder expectations
- Work in conjunction with office based coordinators in managing documents and information flow
An ideal Building works surveyor will hold the following experience:
- Must have or be studying towards a building related qualification.
- Must have a wide based knowledge of the building practices.
- Previous experience in a similar role an advantage.
Other qualities required of the successful individual:
- The person should be a positive individual prepared to join a team of dedicated professionals.
- The candidate should be capable of working as part of a team but also function well on their own.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must possess a current driving licence and own vehicle
Due to the nature of the role in visiting various locations the work place would be shared between office location and work from home on occasions.
Salary depending on experience and agreement
+ 22 days annual leave
+ Paid bank holidays
+ Company auto enrolment pension
+ own car/travel cost assistance
Our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.