Assistant Pharmacy Manager
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd is a specialist pharmacy and clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater choice and convenience to patients whilst delivering value and efficiencies to the NHS and private sector.
- To work as part of the Pharmaxo Pharmacy team in a professional manner providing high quality medicines and peripheral services to all patients, clinicians and allied health professionals
- To act in line with GPhC standards to deliver a safe and effective dispensing service for all patients; to create a culture of openness and transparency where staff are encouraged to learn and develop
- To ensure team members are compliant with standard operating policies, procedures and protocols to ensure working in an efficient and courteous manner at all times
- To be a professional leader and develop a high performing team
Your duties & responsibilities
- Direct line management responsibility for Pharmacy Dispensing Assistants and Accuracy Checking Technicians, ensuring;
- Competency to perform tasks allocated
- Competency in the relevant systems, to manage workload, patients and ensure records of activity are accurately updated
- Internal training for new and existing services
- Maintenance of accurate training records
- Maintaining productivity and engagement levels within the team
- Adherence of Pharmacy Dispensing Assistants and Accuracy Checking Technicians to relevant legislation including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Human Medicines Regulations 2012.
- Daily management of task allocation and prioritisation
- Driving efficiency within the department, monitoring and managing Key Performance Indicators within the team
- Monthly 1:2:1s
- Annual appraisals in full and on time
- Active participation and coordination of the supply of homecare pharmacy services to patients including but not limited to:
- Release of orders into pharmacy (including ordering of stock, bespoke and standard medicinal products where required)
- Labelling and dispensing of prescription orders using a Dispensing System.
- Contacting patients by telephone or email and scheduling deliveries via 3rd party subcontracted logistics
- Maintaining accurate electronic records of calls to and received from patients within the Dispensing and Pharmaxo Patient Management Systems.
- Oversight of stock management tasks such as date checking of medicines and outstanding orders with potential to impact patients
- Ensuring management of version-controlled dispensary logs (e.g. task-based, regulatory and cleaning)
- Engagement and participation in weekly Clinical Governance and operational meetings
- Active management of prescription requirements from referring centres
- Handling patient and customer queries including responses to complaints and/or incidents
- Liaising with Complex Care and Nursing teams when required to ensure safe and effective administration of medicines in the home and in clinics
- Maintaining patient confidentiality at all times
- Liaising with external health care professionals regarding registered patients care
- Working internally with other operational functions to support seamless implementation of business.
- Work closely with the Pharmacy Manager to incorporate ways of increasing automation and reducing cost per operational cycle.
- Involvement in and management of month-end and administrative procedures including stock-taking.
- Assist the Pharmacy Manager in recruiting in line with budget and targets at the appropriate time to ensure effective resource planning.
- Ability to personally navigate, troubleshoot and resolve (or escalate as appropriate) day-to-day issues pertaining to Pharmacy systems and processes.
- Assist the Commercial and pharmacist teams where required in delivering service-level review meetings to deliver on regulatory and operational considerations (representing the Pharmacy department alone or supported by a nominated healthcare professional).
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and all other relevant legislation e.g. Medicines Act, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- Integral in the development, implementation and competency assessment of Standard Operating Procedures with Pharmacy personnel.
- As part of the management team, responsible for meeting and delivering all quality KPIs for the department including QMS documentation compliance, investigation and closure of incidents, staff training, internal audit and CAPA delivery.
- Work alongside the Quality team and Registered Professionals to deliver a culture of continuous learning to ensure patient safety is maintained
- Onboarding and orientation of new starters within the Pharmacy department
- To undertake any other duties as required by the supervising manager
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive salary (depending on experience, knowledge and skills)
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company bonus scheme upon successful completion of probation
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Uniform provided
Commit to excellence. Join our team “Where patients come first”.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.