Assistant Patient Services Manager
Commit to excellence. Join our team “Where patients come first”.
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Limited is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
The compounded drugs used in its drug services are provided by its sister company Qualasept Ltd t/a Bath ASU, which also produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic illness or in need of pain relief.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about making a difference to patient lives, dedicated to improving company processes, has a drive to be an expert in what they do, wants to be part of our fantastic company community and is as committed to their career training and progression as we are. Do you have the qualities that we are looking for? If so, you could join our friendly and dynamic team.
- To work as part of the Patient Services team in a professional manner providing high quality administration and support services to all patients, clinicians and allied health professionals
- To follow all relevant standard operating policies, procedures and protocols to ensure working in an efficient and courteous manner at all times
- To provide a professional call-handling service and associated administration duties
- To embed and sustain an ethos of care navigation throughout the team, providing advice and guidance and signposting patients to the most appropriate clinician/service
- To record all essential information accurately and efficiently
Your duties & responsibilities
Direct line management responsibility for level 4 Patient Service Advisors ensuring;
- Competency to perform tasks allocated to them
- Ability to navigate Pharmaxo Patient Management System in order to manage patients and ensure records of activity a accurately updated
- Internal training for new and existing services and maintenance of accurate training records
- Adherence of Patient Service Advisors to relevant legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998
- Daily management of task allocation
- Driving efficiency within the department, monitoring and managing Key Performance Indicators within the team
- Monthly 1:2:1
- Annual appraisal
- Active participation in the management of patients receiving homecare including but not limited to:
- Contacting patients by telephone or email to arrange deliveries
- Scheduling deliveries to patients via 3rd party subcontracted logistics
- Maintaining accurate electronic records of calls to and received from patients within the Pharmaxo Patient Management System
- Maintaining documentation including patient registration forms and prescriptions
- Performing accuracy checks upon receipt of prescriptions and other referral documentation
- Active management of prescription requirement from referring centres
- Handling patient and customer queries
- Scheduling nurse attendances when required to administer medicines in the home
- Directing inbound telephone calls from healthcare professionals to the relevant operational department within Pharmaxo
- Maintaining patient confidentiality at all times
- Liaising with external health care professionals regarding registered patients care
- Collection of electronic proof of deliveries
- Working internally with other operational functions following hand off of new business wins from the Commercial Account Manager ensuring seamless implementation of business.
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and all other relevant legislation e.g. Medicines Act, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Integral in the development, implementation and competency assessment of Standard Operating Procedures with Patient Service Advisors
- To undertake any other duties as required by the supervising manager
The skills & attributes you will bring
- You will be able to adapt and work appropriately in non-routine situations.
- You will be able drive the company ethos of “Patient come first” in all activities
- You will commit to participate in any extended hours, Bank Holidays and on call rotas.
- Collaboratively working across other departments including pharmacy, warehouse and finance by sharing information relating to customers and customer activity
- Working with the Patient Services Manager in developing a training and competency programme for members of the patient administration team
- Deputising for the Patient Services Manager including attendance in operational meetings representing the Patient Service Department
In return we can offer
- Competitive salary
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 34 days with service
- Company bonus scheme upon successful completion of probation
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast, fruit and outdoor gym
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.