Post: 3rd Line Support Engineer
Reports to: IT Manager
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £32,943 - £34,919
Location: Based at our Bristol office with regular travel to our other West Midlands Offices
Our vision is to empower refugees and migrants who reside in the UK to lead self-sufficient and ambitious lives.
ACH is a social enterprise comprised of a diverse group of strategists and researchers led by lived experience. We provide tailored integration services that not only help individuals, but also disrupt the systems that have entrenched inequalities in our society.
We have a track record of delivering effective support services that give refugees and migrants the tools they need to succeed. In 2021 alone, we have helped 1000+ people to achieve their personal goals and lead fulfilling lives in their new country.
By working with us at ACH, you will be supporting refugees and migrants to build a better, brighter future.
Purpose of job
IT support queries, you will work with over 80 users to maintain and monitor IT systems, including remote working solutions and understand and resolve technical issues promptly and professionally.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for Office 365 and SharePoint administration, providing End-user support and training for hardware and software, and collaborating with the IT Manager to ensure operational security, Maintenance and Governance.
- To work with the ICT Manager to translate the Groups IT Strategy into operational deliverables, contributing to and participating in the design and implementation of new and improved service offerings
- Responsible for the delivery of the IT Support teams objectives as defined by the ICT Service Plan
- To ensure that the on-going support service for all systems in use by the Group is of the highest possible standard within the available resources
- To be a champion of the ICT service, representing the service across all areas of the group and acting as an ambassador in the ICT Managers absence
- To provide effective management, guidance and support to team members
- Ensure an effective and appropriate working relationship with the ICT Project Team
- Provide day to day management oversight of the IT Support team, ensuring that service delivery is to the standard defined in the documented IT Support Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure that the ICT KPI’s are met, providing management reporting of the same and identification and documentation of applicable MPI’s as appropriate
- To provide weekly input to the ICT Performance, Project and Change groups on relevant team activity
- To highlight areas of training requirements within the IT Support Team and ensure that these are addressed in a timely manner
- Setting, monitoring and managing of personal objectives for all first line reports
- To carry out monthly one to ones and other requirements of the group’s performance management procedures
- Utilising the infrastructure analyst, ensure that infrastructure maintenance is undertaken as required by the maintenance schedule
- To act as the final escalation point and product expert for all requests for service to the ICT Helpdesk, providing 3rd line support as required
- Own and maintain all infrastructure hardware, software and related components and interfaces including maintenance and day to day administration and housekeeping
- To be responsible for the Groups data backup, replication and disaster recovery processes ensuring that sufficient testing is undertaken as directed by the ICT Manager and the ICT Performance group
- To own the Risk management function for the ICT Service, ensuring that all risks to the infrastructure and wider service are identified and recorded with appropriate mitigating actions being reported to the ICT Performance Group
- To scope, plan and manage projects to deliver new systems and processes using the PRINCE2 methodology in conjunction with the ICT Projects Group
- To work with the Business Analyst to ensure that projects within the IT Project team are meeting business needs
- To act as a technology lead or product expert when assisting in the delivery of Group wide projects
- To undertake regular reviews of the overall service being delivered by ICT, measuring customer satisfaction and identify areas for improvement with appropriate actions
- In conjunction with the Business Analyst and the Project Team, ensure that systems and platforms have been sufficiently documented for non-technical users and with appropriate internal technical references available
- To assist in the design and delivery of end user training in both new and existing systems
- To ensure that third party service providers are meeting the needs of the group and contributing to the delivery of an outstanding IT Support service
- To contribute to the Release Management process to ensure that new systems being delivered to the ICT Support Team are fit for purpose and ready for deployment to the live environment
- To highlight areas of training requirements within the user environment and ensure that these are addressed in a timely manner
Value for Money
- To contribute to the development of the service’s VfM service plan and provide regular management reporting of progress.
- To ensure that the ICT Services “vendor value” register is maintained and fit for purpose
- To identify and log suitable entries in the groups VfM register.
- To maintain an awareness of the wider ICT community and evaluate technologies and systems to determine their suitability for meeting business needs
- Ensure that solutions provided by the ICT service comply with Group policy
- Promote and embed equality and diversity as an integral aspect of working for ACH, leading by example.
- To work in partnership with internal and external teams and stakeholders to ensure the best service is delivered to the Trust’s customers;
- To carry out any other duties which are consistent or commensurate with the role and/or as directed by the ICT Manager.
For more information on the role and ACH please view the full job description here and our recruitment pack here.
How to apply
To apply please complete our application form by clicking ‘Apply today’ .
For an informal conversation or to find out more about ACH or the role, please don’t hesitate to contact our People and Culture Manager, Werner Lourens - email@example.com.
Due to the nature of this post, an enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for successful applicants, but only with their prior consent.
Applicants need to have right to work in the UK and access to their own vehicle for business use to be considered for this role. We may close this role early, so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.